Thursday, February 9, 2012

No more excuses

I started this post last week and I got distracted so here I am back at the blog. I really need to keep this up mainly I think to help me keep on track. I've lost 10lbs so far, but I think if I got moving more then I'd be losing more a little bit faster. Just wish that warmer weather would get here so I could walk more, having a little one makes walking in the cold not so easy. Living in tiny town America (where we don't even have a 4 way stop downtown), with only one car can make it hard to get somewhere indoors to work out, not to mention trying to find someone to watch Lil'Man.

Today, though I was supposed to go to Zumba with a friend, and my mom, aunt, and cousin. Of course I wasn't able to make it due to ride issues at the last minute, but instead of just making the excuse and taking my anger out on food I decided that I would take Lil'Man (who was being a grouch all day), bundle him up, and go for a walk ourselves. And while it was a little cold it wasn't too aweful, and Lil'Man loved our evening walk. I even decided to change it from a regular short walk (it was 6:45p so it was getting dark even though we had a bright light I didn't want to be out too long) I did a small circut of walk, lunge, walk, run, walk, lunge, walk... Lets just say after 30min of that in the cold I was a bit out of breath and my thighs felt like jello... Which oddly enough made me feel good. :)

Now my next goal is to push myself out the door everyday for at least a 30min walk. As long as it's not too cold or wet Lil'Man and I will start taking walks, I know it will be good for both of us. :) Every day and every new thing I do to help gets me one step closer to my goal.

2 comments:

  1. You go girl!

    Love Aunt Trish

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay keep up the good work, you are doing a great job!

    ReplyDelete